Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gratitude

Pictures from yesterdays hike in Eldorado National Forest

 
Whitey found this bone next to a new bear skat, still warm.
 
 
 
 
 
Last summer I read a book that suggested that you start every morning writing down ten blessings in your life and read them out loud while saying THANK YOU after each blessing. I did that every morning while I read the book but now I only do it every now and then, mostly when I feel stressed, agitated or in a bad mood. I actually force myself to do it if I´m having a bad day.. I sit down and write down the blessings I appreciate most for the moment. When I do that it´s impossible to feel anything else but on top of the world. There are always so many things to be grateful about.
 
 
I´m doing it for selfish reasons, it makes me feel great! Maybe it works for you too?
This morning I´m grateful for:


1.     Having a man that tells me and shows me that he loves me every day.

2.     A wonderful night’s sleep.

3.     Hearing soft giggles and laughter from my daughter’s room as she wakes up (after I got dressed, fixed my hair, fed the animals and had breakfast!)

4.     The sun outside my window.

5.     The crisp morning air.

6.     The fire in my woodstove.

7.     The intense feeling of oneness that comes from breastfeeding your baby.

8.     All the love in my life.

9.     The joy it gives me watching the dogs and horses play and the sensation of their soft winter coat as they come up and put their muzzles/noses on my cheek giving their good morning kisses.

10.                   The fact that it´s not that long until I get to see my son again (shared custody is really hard but I am grateful that he have a father that loves him and wants to spend time with him. I firmly believe that children need both their parents.)

 

I would like to add that I´m really grateful for the book that I´m reading now that opened my eyes in some ways but that would be 11 things then…and I´m grateful for the hike me and Hayley are going on later today…

 

THANK YOU!






3 comments:

  1. That was fun! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. the scenery is amazing.

    Stopping by to say "aloha" from An Aloha Affair and to invite you to join us this week. We are now live and are ready to mingle. I can't wait to see what else you've been up to this week.

    Aloha,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?