Monday, October 1, 2012

Fitness + Wild Horse Rider

I would lie if I said that I didn´t care about how I look. I mean.. I don´t use tons of makeup, a little mascara will do the job BUT I like being fit. The major reason though is honestly that I like to feel strong physically. When I feel strong my whole day and everything in it becomes more enjoyable. It makes me a better Mom (more energy for fun things and less back pain etc.), a better rider and a more productive worker. Of course it´s totally up to me to make sure I am fit and as a bonus I feel more content with the way I look as well. I was fit before I got pregnant. Fit enough to do some modeling and feel as strong as I can feel. As I think I mentioned before, I gained more weight  than I wanted when I was pregnant (even though I ate healthy and exercised..) Now it´s time to get rid of those extra lbs. (still have 15 extra lbs. of the 44lbs I gained to get rid of) and get that strength back!
 
 
 
 
I feel that it´s very helpful to start every day with a long walk to maximize my energy no matter how tired I am when I start the walk. If I start my day with a walk I´m more likely to do some other kind of exercise during the day. I´ve started to ride again and lift weights. It feels really good and I feel stronger every day. I focus on the mental picture of me doing activities that I love that require a fit body to be fun; like climbing, endurance riding and longer hikes in the mountains.
 
 
 
 
Talking of mountains I´m reading a very exciting book “Wild horse rider” by Rick Steber. My husband bought it for me when he went to Oregon to pick up my new horse. It´s about a man, Lew Minor, a legend
 
http://content.lib.washington.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/alaskawcanada&CISOPTR=1838 , who was born in Hells Canyon surrounded by the high Wallowas in Oregon http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/wallowa-whitman/specialplaces/?cid=stelprdb5213868 . I will tell you more about the book when I finished it. It´s based on a true story. The language is very rich and I really like the book, the characters and the story so far. I highly recommend that you check it out! http://www.ricksteber.com/books.php/172





2 comments:

  1. Fantastisk natur!!!!! Har man inte sett det så fattar man inte hur magnifikt det är!! Sofia (i Alingsås)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eller hur! Jag håller med! Tack för din feedback :)Maria

    ReplyDelete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?