This morning I woke up to a nice surprise that made me very happy! One of my blog readers Katie Corley that have an awesome blog herself nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thank you so much Katie! It means a lot to me. Katie is a Super Mom to an adorable Autistic boy. If you want inspiration to live a happy, positive life follow her journey and be inspired http://lifeinthesimpleln.blogspot.com.
So what exactly is a Liebster award?
It's an award for new and upcoming bloggers who have great potential. The word Liebster is German for dearest, lovely, kind etc. and I am honored to except this award and have nominated 11 others myself. Here are the rules should you choose to except the award:
Thank your nominator and link back to the nominators blog in your post, list 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 random questions posted by the nominator, create 11 questions for your nominees (you will answer these questions as well), and nominate 11 other fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Blog Award.
Here´s 11 random facts about me;
1. Five of my childhood dreams came true this year (2012)!
2. My husband have more horses than I do, still I have more horses now than I ever had (at the same time).
3. My pit bull and my daughter are born the same day.
4. I love baking and I can bake almost anything.
5. I believe that thoughts become reality and I try to live my life according to that.
6. I have to spend time doing some kind of exercise outdoors every day otherwise I´ll go crazy.
7. If I can make at least one stranger smile every day it´s been a good day.
8. Reading books and learning new things are very important to me.
9. I want a PHD in children with special needs.
10. Within the next ten years I´m going to start an Equine Therapy program for children with special needs (such as Autism, ADD, ADHD etc.) and their parents. I´m going to have Icelandic Horses as teachers because of their level headiness’, heart, size, strength and extraordinary wisdom.
11. The first thing I pay attention to when I meet someone (human or animal) is their eyes.
11 Questions from my nominator;
1. What is the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to you? It´s very hard to choose just one! If I have to …when I was 14years old my grandmother and I was on a vacation together (Hawaii). Since her English wasn´t that good I had to do all the talking with my less than perfect “School English”. One time when I was introducing us to some people we met I introduced her as my grandmother and when she found out she became so mad. She slapped my face in public for introducing her as my grandmother. She wanted me to say that she was my girlfriend! It wasn´t so funny then, but when I think about it now it´s hilarious because she was so seriously offended.
- What is your favorite movie from childhood? Pippi Longstocking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqlKORHDMXg
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Also SO hard to choose just one. Maybe when my little sister Josefine, three years at the time, learned to tie her own shoes. The same day she mastered her new skills Mom had a dinner party and my sister tied all our 15guests shoes together in one big knot! It took them several hours for all the guests to get their shoes when it was time to leave.Hahahaha..I can still remember it like it was yesterday J
- What is your favorite dessert? Dark chocolate and coffee.
- What is your favorite TV series of all time? How the west was won. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_the_West_Was_Won_(TV_series)
- Cat's or Dog's? Dogs!
- Hamsters or Mules? Mules
- What do you hope will be under the tree for you this Christmas? Doesn´t matter as long as I have my kids and my husband next to the tree.
- What is your best friends name? Philip
- Do you own an Esty shop, and if so what is the URL so we can check it out? No not yet but when I do it will be connected to my blog http://discoveringranchlife.blogspot.com
- Can you touch your tongue to your nose? No.
11 Questions for my nominees;
1. What is the first thing that makes you smile in the morning on an ordinary day (Mon-Fri)? For me it´s the loud laughter from my daughter´s room that tells me she´s awake.
2. What are you thankful for? Family, friends, freedom, nature, health..
3. Are you goal oriented? Yes!
4. Do you have a goal that you work towards? Not one, many.
5. Do you have a favorite quote? Imagination rules the world. (Albert Einstein)
6. Are you an indoor or outdoor person? (Where do you enjoy spending your time.) Outdoor
7. If you could travel anywhere you want, where would you go and what would you do? I would go to Iceland; enjoy the beautiful nature, ride horses and take magical photos.
8. What kind of food do you like? Healthy! Salmon, avocado, fruit, vegeatbles..
9. Is eating healthy important? Motivate. Yes, we are what we eat. Quality of life is affected by our health and energy = what we choose to eat = what we´re able to do.
10. What is most important when it comes to raising kids? Love and time together.
11. Can animals teach us humans how to live a more satisfying life? Yes!
My 11 nominees (English and Swedish):
Check them out! There´s a reason why I choose to nominate these inspirational 11 blogs J