Thursday, November 8, 2012

Life is never boring!!


It´s very windy today and it´s raining like crazy. It´s around noon and my Baby girl takes a nap. I go out on the porch to get some firewood from the pile we have there. Swoooosh ! That was the sound of the wind slamming the door shut. If you slam the door that hard it locks, it happened once before when it was very windy. Now I´m standing outside on the second floor in the pouring rain locked out from my own house. With my baby sleeping inside the house.

The last time it happened one of the other doors were unlocked. I wasn´t that lucky today. Of course I didn´t have my phone, shoes, jacket or anything else useful with me. Think, think, think!!! It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what to do. The garage was open and we have a lot of tools there. I figured that I was going to be able to open a door or a window with some tools. Just when I´m about to brake in to my own house I remember that I have one window a little bit open. I drag an old log to the window, put it on top of a bench and open the window, drag myself up and in to the warm house. Thank god for my long legs! They are really good in situations like this!! Hahaha

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I have done that too.I have locked myself out. Very creative way to get back in-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather funny :) I hope you got back inside safely too!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Funny afterwards, but probably not at the time! I have done it, but not with a baby sleeping inside. I did have to coach a 3 year old (maybe? it was a while ago) how to unlock the door once, after first getting a stool so she could reach it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was kind of fun :) All my three dogs were following me around when I tried to find out how to get in again. We were all soaking wet and they looked at me like if they thought I were insane being out in the rain. To their credit,they did leave the dry porch to follow me around :)

      Delete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?