Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another Whitey adventure....


Yesterday afternoon my husband called me from work and asked me if I wanted the good or bad news first. That didn't sound good at all. I asked for the good news first..of course. "I found Whitey!" My first thought was WTF! 
To make a long story short. I had a lot of errands to run yesterday. Many of them included visits to different stores. Whitey couldn't go with me. I thought that he would have more fun playing with Stella (Phil's dog) in the woods, than he would have waiting on me all day. Therefor I asked Phil if he could go with them. 
Whitey went with Phil and Stella. He was secured in the back of Phil's truck. Stella and Whitey did have a lot of fun running around and playing while Phil worked. On the way home Whitey decided to jump out of the truck! He jumped out of his collar and took of. It was on a gravel road in the woods, but still. He did not come when Phil called his name. (He's not very good at listening at him. Stella isn't very good at listening at me either. It's so obvious that they choose to listen to "their" person.)
After searching for Whitey for a long time Phil saw a man sitting on his porch with a phone in his hand and Whitey next to him! He was about to call the number on the collar = my number. I don't know what I would of done if someone called me and said they had my dog! I would probably thought Phil had an accident or something..
Whitey was lucky and got away with some minor injuries from his adventure. ..
(When Whitey is with me he always rides in the car/truck. Anyways, I'm going to get him a harness today AND he's getting a chip!)


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Maria! I'm so happy Whitey is found and relatively okay. It sounds like a harness and chip are a good idea... I've had "escape artist" pooches before and sometimes it seems like a constant creative process to try and keep them healthy and me sane! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I bought him a harness the same day and got him micro chipped yesterday :)

      Thank you Lois!

      Delete
  2. Whitey verkar vara en äventyrlig "krabat". Vilken tur att han kom välbehållen tillrätta, trots litet småsår.
    Något som jag inte riktigt fattat är varför så många har sina hundar baktill i sina pickup trucks. Ser väldigt farligt ut tycker jag. Kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja :) Jag har honom alltid i bilen, tycker det känns bättre och mer säkert. Tack!

      Kram <3

      Delete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?