Monday, February 18, 2013

Did someone actually try to steal my dog??


The cut behind Whiteys leg

I've been out of town for some days. Today when I came home I started to unpack my car. Hayley was asleep so I brought her in to the house. Whitey was sitting on the driveway. I went back and forth to the car with all our stuff (read: dirty laundry..)
Through the screen doors in the living room I watch two Mexican men step out from a white Van they parked on the opposite side of the road. They walk over to our side, and on to our drive way. Whitey approach them with a wagging tale. He just LOVES every one. I walk towards the door to see what's up. I didn't recognize the men. For a few seconds, while walking from the living room to the door in the mud room, I don't see what's happening. 
When I open the door, the men disappears and Whitey runs to me screaming. He has a wound behind his right, front leg. What happened?
At first I thought they kicked him for some reason, but after thinking about it for a little while it doesn't seem realistic. It looks like a cut. Like if someone put something (wire?) around him. Did someone actually try to steal my dog?
Everything happened so fast. I didn't get a good signature of the men and I didn't see the license plate of the car. All I saw was that they looked like Mexicans and drove a white Van.
I'm a little upset. It's kind of scary. Whitey loves to sit on the driveway or on the porch, just looking at stuff but after this I'm afraid to let him out of sight. 
I'm very thankful that nothing worse happened.

6 comments:

  1. Very scary. I hope your dog is okay. Keep an eye on your horses, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...He is OK. It was just a minor injury, but still. The horses are on another pasture thank god :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you still have Whitey...my brother has beagle's and has just last week had six baby puppies stolen...some people are so mean,they were not weaned yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that! That's terrible! So young and dependent on there mother..

      Thank you Jo May

      ~Maria

      Delete
  3. Usch vad obehagligt. Vilken tur att du fanns i närheten. Jag blir egentligen inte förvånad över någonting längre. Hoppas att allt går bra med Whitey.
    Nej, vi har nog inte "pratat" om djur direkt. Jag är en stor djurvän men är tyvärr allergisk mot många. Kan berätta litet mer i ett mail om de katter Michael hade när jag kom till USA. Kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, det var ingen allvarlig skada som tur är.

      Berätta gärna mer om katterna, när du har tid.

      Är du helt bra i foten nu? Hoppas du åtminstone inte har ont.

      Kram

      Delete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?