Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Everyday routines that makes me feel good









I took "my office" with me out to the
pasture today.

Today I decided to write about things in my daily routine that makes me feel good. These are things that I'm trying to get in one way or another every day. My days never look the same. I'm living a very active life. I have several places I call home. I travel a lot. I have children and animals, things happens that I can't foresee. 



My "daily routine" is my foundation for well being. Therefor these things are very high on my priority list, no matter what's on the schedule, or where I am. 




                                It's a good day when:
  • My husband and I get to spend at least part of the day together. 
  • I have time to play and laugh with my children.
  • If I can make a positive difference in someones life. Add a little happiness in one way or another.
  • Smelling the warm, sweet scent of a horse up close, that always makes me feel good inside. Connected to nature.
  • On a perfect day I have time to meditate and exercise outdoors (ride a horse, hike, take the dogs for a walk, run, play with my children etc.)
  • Taking time to capture every day magic with my camera AND share it with others, makes me happy.
  • Eating healthy food makes me feel good and gives me energy to last the whole day.
  • I really enjoy writing on my blog too. It makes me humble, grateful for what I have and it helps me to keep track of my days (especially those days that fly by at 100miles/hour.)
  • Communicating with likeminded people - on the internet or in real life adds a lot of happiness and joy to my life.
  • Exploring new places adds flavor to my daily routine. It can be on foot, on horseback, going by car or plane. Even such a simple thing like walking the dogs in a new park adds something worth while to my day.
  • Learning new things is very exciting and keeps me alert and hungry of life.
  • Last but not least, baking is something I really enjoy. The creative process and the joy of serving things I baked to my family.




What do you have in your daily routine that are critical for your well being?



12 comments:

  1. Nice list! I love the outdoors, communicating, learning new things, and taking pictures along with some other things on your list. Adventure and fun figure into my days as well, even if it's something as simple as finding a new place to take my dog or discovering a new tea to drink. Great psot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois! Sounds like we have a lot in common :)
      What kind of dogs do you have?

      See you in class!

      ~Maria

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I find it's the little things that bring me the greatest sense of ease and contentment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree on that. Without the little things; a smile, a touch from a loved one, laughter...nothing would be worth anything in the end.

      Have a great day!!

      ~Maria

      Delete
  3. I try and meditate in the morning and since the photography class look for the magic of the ordinary and take a picture each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! Meditating in the morning really makes the whole day better. My goal is to do it every morning too.
      Do you enjoy sharing your pictures, or do you mainly take them to open your own eyes for the every day magic? I loved the pictures I've seen!

      Have a great weekend !

      ~Maria

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Kaylin! I'm very happy to see you here :)

      Have a great weekend :)

      ~Maria

      Delete
  5. Great List. I agree the days fly by and just trying to find time to meditate or pray and take the dog for a walk can be challenging. Following from the Blog hop.
    http://kyoticrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!

    I checked out your blog, I really like the post about your motto! :) Great post! Looking forward to follow you :)

    Have a great day!

    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog and found you through HARVEST OF FRIENDS WEEKEND BLOG HOP. I would love it if you follow me back

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!! Happy to meet you!

      You have an awesome blog, I love traveling. Looking forward to follow you :)

      ~Maria

      Delete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?