Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Clover Creek Preserve



Clover Creek Preserve

So this is the last week of the writing class I'm taking. Honestly, I haven't been writing as much as I would of liked. I've been on so many adventures these past weeks. I have lots of stuff to write about that's for sure! Not talking about the thousands of pictures I have to edit. No day have been the same as the day before :)
Hayley and I stayed at a hotel in Redding (Northern California), for almost a week. We've been on many mini adventures. At least one every day. We've found some new favorite places. Some in neatly organized park like settings, like Clover Creek Preserve. 
Clover Creek Preserve is an easy accessible park, close to central Redding. In fact it was only a 10 minute drive from the hotel we stayed at. Hayley, Whitey and I walked a couple of miles there almost every day.
It's a small park, only 128 acres. The land is flat and it has many trails. There's a lake in the middle of the park, some hills and oak trees. Every time we've been there it's been rather windy. It's definitely worth a visit despite the wind. The views are truly amazing. You are surrounded by mountain peaks in all directions; Mt Lassen, Mt Shasta and Trinity Alps. The best views are of Trinity Alps.
Dogs has to be on leash at all times. Good training for Whitey. I don't use a leash very often.
Two days ago just before we reached the parking lot after our walk, we met a girl with two giant pit bulls. She had one in each hand. We heard her long before we could see her: "BAD", "You're so bad", "Bad boys"…etc..When we did see her she was torne between the two dogs that wanted to walk in different directions. (They obviously walked her and not the other way around.) We hurried in to our car before she had to let one of them go. We didn't stay to watch the disaster. The park was crowded, the weather was nice and many families choose to spend the afternoon there. 
I hope that she got her dogs back under control shortly after we left. Neither of them seem to be aggressive, only playful. But they were huge dogs and could easily ran over someone.


I'll be back tomorrow with a story about another more adventurous adventure! A strenuous hike in Trinity Alps. 

1 comment:

  1. I got this web site from my buddy who shared with me regarding this web
    page and now this time I am browsing this site
    and reading very informative articles at this time.

    my webpage :: pro dog

    ReplyDelete

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?