Monday, June 18, 2012

My baking addiction!









Maybe not the first thing you think about when the thermometer past 100 degreese BUT do you know how easy and fast it is to bake your own bread on a warm day like today?

At 7.15pm I decided to bake muesli bread.

This is a very simple recipe and you can use any flour, oil and muesli that you happen to have at home.



1.  mix:

3 cups flour

2 cups muesli

1tsp salt

1 package of yeast (3small ones together)








2.  Add:

¾ cup olive or canola oil

+ enough water to make a smooth dough.

How much water you have to add depends on how rich in protein your flour is.



Smooth dough


Cover the dough



When you have a smooth dough cover it and let it rest for five minutes.



Ready tobe  cut into 12 pieces



I used two baking sheets, six bread on each.
3. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and form them into any shape you prefer. I made “ciabatta” shaped bread today. Let them rest for 5minutes.



When the bread is ready to go in the oven they look like this.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degreese farenheit.



5. Bake them for 12 min in the lower part of your oven.




My bread was ready to eat at 8pm, 45 minutes after I decided to bake. Quick, healthy and yummy!



Enjoy!


Fun activity to do with your kids. Haven´t met any toddler (or older kid) so far that haven´t been thrilled about baking J It´s creative and you see the result very fast. I never forget how proud my son Joel was after baking his first bread all by himself when he was 1½ years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?