Saturday, April 14, 2012

A little about me


Many of my friends would describe me as a health freak. And YES, I do enjoy eating healthy food and I love all kind of outdoor sports. BUT I do also love Italian pizza, red wine, chocolate and I have a weakness for salty licorice. (Salty licorice is by the way impossible to find here, I bring a huge selection every time I go to Sweden.)
Dala Horse, Sweden

I´m 32years old, very goal oriented. I have goals for every part of my life: training, horses, education and work. I visualize myself doing something and then I do it. I mean I set up realistic smaller goals on my way to my big goal. It always works. I read Rhonda Byrnes´s “The Secret” four years ago, but I lived by it even before I had read the book. Not on the same scale as I do now, but partly.

I love living every day. Every day has a lot of beauty if your eyes are wide open. To feel good I meditate every day and I do yoga almost every day. Every night before I go to sleep I think about the five best things about today. I am thankful for all the blessings that I count every night, such as: my family, friends, horses, beautiful nature around me, moments of laughter, a loving touch, my horse´s warm breath against my cheek. After that I also visualize good things and a lot of energy for tomorrow. Its critical for me to have balance in my life. I work hard to have balance between the different parts in the puzzle that is my life- my boyfriend, my kids, work, free time, horses, the ranch, training, travel, healthy food, personal development, enough sleep. I need all parts to function well. To schedule time for meditation and enough sleep is the key for me.


Pjakkur and me
I have a long love story with horses, around 30 years long. I’ve always been amazed by their beauty and intelligence, though it took me many years before I had the opportunity to have a horse of my own. And it took me even longer to find “the right one”. And that didn´t have anything to do with the first horses I owned, it was all about me. At the right time in my life I met the right trainer that spoke a language I understood and everything fell into place. She was more like a mentor. I started a blog about my horse Pjakkur. That was his name. “The right one”. It was like a training diary that I started at the same time as a friend started a blog about her young horse and their training. We exchanged experiences and shared our challenges and joy along the way. Since Pjakkur still lives in Sweden and I am in California I felt that it was time to start a new blog about my new life. This is it. My horse life today includes two horses, Trigger a four year old Quarter/Mustang and Diamond a sixteen year old Arab/Mustang. Besides that my boyfriend and I have a project with Rescue Horses. You will meet them all along the wayJ
Today we had a hoof trimming day at Traverse Creek. I groomed the horses and walked them over to Philip that trimmed their hooves. Fair deal ;)

I am aware that my English isn´t perfect. I´m working on that, please be patient. I asked Philip to write a little about himself so that you get to know us both. He needed some time for that but hopefully you will read about my other half soon.

Love Maria
Trigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

I´d love to hear what you think about todays post. Did you relate to the topic?